Recently I had this absolutely amazing cold-pressed pecan milk. I was raving about it so much I passed the bottle around to pretty much everyone who was within 3 feet of me to try it. Then I sent my husband a whole bunch of photos of it with the caption “PECAN MILK!!!!”. So obviously I had to recreate it at home. I clearly don’t have a cold-press juicer just lying around so I’m using my trusty blender for this one.
Maple Pecan Milk [Vegan]
- 2 cups of pecans, soaked overnight or soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 3 cups of water
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and the seeds scraped out
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Drain and rinse the soaked pecans. Add them to the blender with the water and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the liquid into a nut milk bag over a large bowl and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard the pulp or use it in baking.
- Pour the milk back into the blender and add the vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend until combined. Pour into a bottle and chill in the fridge.
- Nut-based Milk
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile