This Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge is a great breakfast to jump start your day! It's healthy, tasty, and can easily be customized.
Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry amaranth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- Optional Toppings: Splash of coconut kefir or almond milk
- Handful of pomegranate seeds or fresh berries
- Sprinkle of hemp seeds
How to Prepare Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge [Vegan]
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot or saucepan. Add the amaranth and bring let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, cinnamon, and maca and cook another 5 minutes, or until the amaranth has reached a thicker porridge consistency.
- To serve, pour a splash of kefir or milk of your choice onto the porridge and top with a handful of pomegranate seeds or fresh berries.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.