This Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge is a great breakfast to jump start your day! It's healthy, tasty, and can easily be customized.
Maple Maca Amaranth Porridge [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry amaranth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
- Optional Toppings: Splash of coconut kefir or almond milk
- Handful of pomegranate seeds or fresh berries
- Sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot or saucepan. Add the amaranth and bring let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, cinnamon, and maca and cook another 5 minutes, or until the amaranth has reached a thicker porridge consistency.
- To serve, pour a splash of kefir or milk of your choice onto the porridge and top with a handful of pomegranate seeds or fresh berries.