Warm, crispy sweet potato and creamy, spicy avocado — you'll never want sweet potatoes any other way.
Loaded Crispy Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Avocado Roasted Chile Crema [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 small to medium sweet potatoes and purple potatoes
- Olive oil for coating potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado Roasted Chile Crema (recipe below)
- Green onions, sautéed
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 pound poblano or anaheim peppers (poblano for mild, anaheim for more spicy)
- 1/2 medium avocado flesh
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash potatoes. Fill a large pot with enough water to cover potatoes and add salt. Boil potatoes until tender and easy to pierce with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil. Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and use a fork to gently press down on the potato to smash them. (Just slightly smash, not bloody pulp style). Spray or rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Add toppings and serve.
- Turn on broiler in oven. Place peppers on an aluminum foil covered baking sheet and place on top rack and broil them for about 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl and cover for 10-15 minutes. Remove stems, skins and seeds. Don’t worry about peppers breaking apart since they will be blended.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.