Lentil Salad is a classic combination of fresh green lentils, crunchy cucumber, red bell pepper, red onions, and herbs, with a simple lemon and maple syrup dressing. A satisfying, healthy staple protein-packed dish, this lentil salad recipe is great to make for lunch, dinner, or a side dish.
Lentil Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lentil Salad [Vegan]
For The Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- crumbled vegan feta cheese and sunflower seeds for topping optional
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Lentil Salad [Vegan]
- Cook the lentils according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble the salad by adding the cucumber, red pepper, red onion, parsley, and mint, into a medium mixing bowl and toss together.
- Pour in the dressing and toss until well combined.
- Serve topped with the vegan feta cheese and sunflower seeds if desired
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.