Lentil Salad is a classic combination of fresh green lentils, crunchy cucumber, red bell pepper, red onions, and herbs, with a simple lemon and maple syrup dressing. A satisfying, healthy staple protein-packed dish, this lentil salad recipe is great to make for lunch, dinner, or a side dish.
Lentil Salad [Vegan]
For The Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- crumbled vegan feta cheese and sunflower seeds for topping optional
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble the salad by adding the cucumber, red pepper, red onion, parsley, and mint, into a medium mixing bowl and toss together.
- Pour in the dressing and toss until well combined.
- Serve topped with the vegan feta cheese and sunflower seeds if desired