Vegan Lentil Protein pancakes are a power-packed nutritious recipe using leftover dal. They make a healthy vegan breakfast/snack recipe!
Lentil Pancakes with Leftover Vegan Dal [Vegan]
- 1 cup leftover dal
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- Cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, add leftover dal.
- Add chickpea flour/besan and rice flour.
- Add chopped onions.
- Whisk it all together to make a smooth pancake consistency batter. Add water if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a pancake pan and once it's hot, pour a spoonful of batter. Spread it like a pancake and drizzle oil around it. Cook both sides for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
Taste and add salt as required because the leftover dal will also have salt in it. Since the Indian Dal is fully flavored with the required spices, we don't need many ingredients in this recipe. This batter does not require any fermentation and the crepes can be prepared immediately. Rice flour helps make the pancakes crispy. Chopped onions give the pancake a nice crunch. Add water or buttermilk to the batter to dilute it, if it's too thick. The batter can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for 3-4 days. You can even freeze the batter.
- Chickpea Flour