Among the breakfast chains, this one was never my number one choice. But everyone has their favorites, so due to friends and family I ate here plenty. And, when I did, I always got the most ridiculous special I could order. This seems like it would make it to the top of that list! We’ll be making a delicious strawberry topping (use the leftovers in a Blizzard, page 168). And we’ll take some of our delicious Cheesecake (page 149), chop it up, and bake it inside the pancakes! The cheesecake melts and creates these ooey gooey pockets of tangy sweetness that are just absurdly good, especially when paired with the strawberry compote topping!
IHOP New York Cheesecake Pancakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for IHOP New York Cheesecake Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons (28 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (175 g) diced vegan cheesecake, store-bought or homemade (page 149)
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) unsweetened plant milk plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) baking powder
- 3 tablespoons (39 g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) vegetable or refined coconut oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Vegan whipped cream for topping
How to Prepare IHOP New York Cheesecake Pancakes [Vegan]
- Roughly chop the strawberries and add them along with the sugar and lemon juice to a medium saucepan over medium heat.Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they have released about ½ cup (120 ml) of juice.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, then add the cornstarch slurry and confectioners’ sugar to the strawberry mixture. This should thicken the sauce, but you can add more of each for an even thicker sauce. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Dice up the frozen cheesecake and then return it to the freezer in a small bowl. Combine the plant milk and vinegar in a bowl and let rest to thicken for 10-30 minutes. The longer it rests, he fluffier the pancakes will be!
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a large bowl and combine thoroughly. Then, add the vanilla and oil to the milk and vinegar mixture and whisk to incorporate. Dump the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Fold until just combined and there are no dry flour spots visible.
- Bring a nonstick skillet or griddle up to medium heat and spray with some cooking spray. Pour in about ½ cup (120 ml) of the pancake batter. Drop a few pieces of the diced frozen cheesecake onto the pancake and gently press them in to submerge. Add more batter to cover as needed as the cheesecake will burn if it comes into direct contact with the pan.
- After 3 minutes or so, check the pancake and flip once it’s golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate, top with the strawberry topping and some vegan whipped cream, and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.