Chickpea blondies made with no refined sugar and reminiscent of tiramisu. They have a soft, coffee base, cookie crumble topping with melted chocolate and a light dusting of cacao. Don’t worry, they’re totally not bad for you!
Hidden-Ingredient Tiramisu Protein Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the bars, add everything to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. It should be really smooth and creamy like a thick smoothie. If it’s not, add some extra milk or coffee, one tablespoon at a time.
- When mixture is ready, pour into a 9×9-inch square pan lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30-40 minutes. The top should be golden, and the edges will come away from the sides slightly. It will still feel a little soft, but should be firm to the touch. It will harden as you let it cool.
- Once bars have cooled, place the pan in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, prepare cookie mixture for the topping. Add all the cookie ingredients except water to a bowls and stir together. Use your hands to pull together a dough, adding the water to make it into a firm clump.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll thinly – about 1/4-1/8-inch thick.
- Place in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool.
- While the cookie is cooling, prepare the chocolate topping by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan and heating over medium heat. Stir constantly until a smooth chocolate forms. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble the bars, break up the cookie into small pieces or grind into a crumb in your food processor if you prefer.
- Drizzle chocolate over the bars, in generous, thick streams, and then top with the cookie and dust with cacao.
- Slice into squares and enjoy. Store in the refrigerator for up to four days.