This bowl is easy, delicious and so filling. It's full of a variety of textures and flavors, and it's also great for meal prepping! You'll be obsessed with these Herb Roasted Autumn Harvest Bowls!
Herb Roasted Autumn Harvest Bowls [Vegan]
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt (use a 1/2 teaspoon if using fine grain salt)
- Black Pepper
- 2 Large Parsnips, peeled, quartered, cored + cut into 1.5 inch pieces (About 3 cups cut parsnips)
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, cut in half or quartered depending on size (About 4 cups cut brussles sprouts)
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (About 4 Cups sweet potato cubes)
For the Lentils:
- 1 Cup Green or Brown Lentils
- 5 Cups Water
For the Creamy Apple Cider Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (less if you're using fine grain salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3-4 tablespoon Water
- Black Pepper
For the Bowls
- 1/4 Cup Shelled Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas) Optional
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a small cup, combine oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and onion powder, thyme and sage. Mix to combine.
- Place all veggies onto a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar mixture and using your hands, toss to coat everything evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, stopping to mix the veggies after about 25 minutes.
To Cook the Lentils:
- While the veggies are in the oven cook the lentils. Combine lentils and water in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Simmer lentils for 15-20 minutes, until they are cooked but not mushy. Drain the remaining excess water and set aside.
To Make the Dressing:
- After the lentils are simmering, in a small bowl, combine tahini, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine. The tahini will get very thick.
- Slowly and a little bit at a time, stir in the water. The dressing will start to look creamy and thick. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water depending on how runny you'd like the dressing.
To Put the Bowls Together:
- Into your bowl, add lentils and veggies. Sprinkle everything with shelled pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of the apple cider dressing. Enjoy!