This bowl is easy, delicious, and so filling. It's full of various textures and flavors, and it's also great for meal prepping! You'll be obsessed with these Herb Roasted Autumn Harvest Bowls!
Herb Roasted Autumn Harvest Bowls [Vegan]
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (use a 1/2 teaspoon if using fine grain salt)
- Black pepper
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, quartered, cored + cut into 1.5-inch pieces (About 3 cups cut parsnips)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, cut in half or quartered depending on size (About 4 cups cut Brussels sprouts)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (About 4 Cups sweet potato cubes)
For the Lentils:
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 5 cups water
For the Creamy Apple Cider Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (less if you're using fine grain salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 tablespoon water
- Black pepper
For the Bowls
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (Pepitas) optional
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and onion powder, thyme, and sage in a small cup. Mix to combine.
- Place all veggies onto a large sheet pan. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar mixture, and using your hands, toss to coat everything evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, stopping to mix the veggies after about 25 minutes.
To Cook the Lentils:
- While the veggies are in the oven, cook the lentils. Combine lentils and water in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Simmer lentils for 15-20 minutes until they are cooked but not mushy. Drain the remaining excess water and set it aside.
To Make the Dressing:
- After simmering the lentils, combine tahini, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine. The tahini will get very thick.
- Slowly add a little bit at a time, and stir in the water. The dressing will start to look creamy and thick. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water depending on how runny you'd like the dressing.
To Put the Bowls Together:
- Into your bowl, add lentils and veggies. Sprinkle everything with shelled pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of the apple cider dressing. Enjoy!