Looking for a protein filled bar to give you a boost post-workout? Maybe you're just a busy gal or guy and need a good, healthy energy burst for the afternoon. Either way, these will be your new go to. The bars are soft and chewy, but the puffed kamut adds the perfect "krisp." They're lightly sweetened with a hint of vanilla and packed full of protein. Not too heavy or filling, and just the right amount of goodness to keep you healthy and nutrient-filled. Just portable little bars with a protein punch!
Vegan Hemp Butter Protein Bars
- 2 cups puffed kamut
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons hemp seed butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- In a medium mixing bowl combine kamut puffs, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together hemp seed butter, vanilla, and agave nectar. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. The hemp seed butter mixture should be thick in texture but should easily incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Once combined, press mixture into a lined loaf pan or
- small non-stick square baking dish. Refrigerate for an hour, then cut into eight 2-in. by 2-in. squares. Bars can be refrigerated for up to a week in sealed
- plastic bags or containers.