Made with cacao nibs, oats, chia seeds, almonds, and cashew butter, these Healthy Breakfast Cookies are delicious! They are naturally sweetened with bananas, chopped Medjool dates, and a few tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Packed with raw plant-based ingredients, they are also gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and high in fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
Healthy Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup small-size rolled oats, no sugar or additives added
- 1/2 cup oat flour *
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (grué de cacao)
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup mashed banana (2 big very ripe & spotted bananas)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened & unflavored
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup 100% cashew butter, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup fresh pitted Medjool dates, chopped small (taken from 4 big dates)
How to Prepare Healthy Breakfast Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-size bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix with a fork. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas with a hand masher or fork. Add the maple syrup and almond milk. Mix with a fork until incorporated. Add the chia seeds and mix well. Let stand for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Add the cashew butter to the mashed banana mixture and whisk together. Add the chopped dates and hand whisk until blended.
- Pour the wet into the dry and hand mix and turn until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to drop the dough in balls on the lined cookie sheet. If using an ice cream scoop, make sure to level off the dough with the back of a spoon or knife.
- Press down each dough ball with fingers to flatten and make them 1 cm thick (just under 1/2 inch). Leave a bit of space in between them, although they will barely spread out with baking.
- Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes, or a bit longer until bottoms are golden. Start checking them at 15 minutes.
- Place on a rack to cool completely.
Store in a covered container at room temp or in the fridge. They will keep for several days, and you can also freeze them.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.