This Hazelnut Milk Dark Chocolate Latte is coming right up! Hazelnutty, creamy, chocolaty, and healthfully sweetened, this latte is a dessert in a cup.
Hazelnut Milk Dark Chocolate Latte [Vegan]
For the Latte:
- 3 cups – hazelnut milk *See recipe at the bottom
- 3 – organic Medjool dates*See Tip#2
- 40 g (1/2 bar) – organic dark chocolate 80% (vegan, GF)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.42 g) – org cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon – organic pure hazelnut extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) – organic cacao nibs or raw cocoa
- Add dark chocolate to a medium-sized pot to melt on the stove on low. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely. Set aside on the warmer.
- Add hazelnut milk, seeded Medjool dates, cinnamon powder, hazelnut extract to a high-speed blender (Vitamix), and blend until creamy – up to 40 sec.
- Using a medium seized whisk, whisk hazelnut milk gradually into the melted dark chocolate. Place the pot back on the stove and whisk until chocolate is incorporated with the milk—warm-up at the desired temperature.
- Serve in individual mugs. Using a milk frother, froth up the hot dark chocolate milk for a "latte" look. Sprinkle cocoa nibs on top for added texture (optional) or raw cocoa powder (optional).
Soak dates overnight refrigerated, or for 10-15 minutes before prep in ½ cup hot water