The texture of this bread is incredible. It’s soft, spongey and melts in your mouth.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed (flaxseed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, sugar, vanilla, oil, linseed and cinnamon. Mix together until smooth.
- Over the bowl of wet ingredients, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cook completely in the tin before slicing and serving.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile