Tender roasted asparagus, sautéed artichoke hearts, garlic, olive oil, are tossed together with spaghetti in this simple springtime pasta dish. If you’re looking for a quick meal this week, or any day for that matter, this simple, fresh pasta is your ticket. You can easily substitute gluten-free or regular pasta if desired and adjust the amount of garlic and olive oil depending on your taste buds.
Garlic Asparagus Artichoke Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 ounces spaghetti of choice (whole wheat, brown rice, lentil, etc...)
- 8 asparagus spears, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 5 artichoke hearts, halved
- 5-6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss asparagus pieces in a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While asparagus is roasting, boil a pot of water for pasta. Cook as directed on package. Drain and set aide.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Add in halved artichoke hearts and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. Pour cooked pasta into this same skillet and drizzle with 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat. Add in garlic cloves, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine all the flavors.
- Lastly, add in your roasted asparagus and sautéed artichoke hearts, and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve it up.