Delicious gluten-free burger alert! In this recipe, a variety of garden vegetables are combined to form flavorful veggie burgers that are crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. Serve these on the roll of your choice, with a slice of tomato and some greens, or enjoy it on a bed of greens and grains as a part of a hearty salad.
Garden Veggie Burger [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- A mix of 1 1/2 cups beans of your choice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 small red chili, diced
- A large bunch coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- A pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free rice flour
- Olive oil
- Defrost the spinach and peas. Squeeze the excess water from the spinach. Mash the beans and then combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mold into 4 burgers, place on a plate, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through, until the outside is lightly crispy.