Whether you're a kitchen-less college student or not in the mood to heat up a skillet, these mason jar pancakes are here for you. After you have all your ingredients ready, it takes just a minute of your time to make yourself a delicious breakfast, brunch, or anytime meal! You can get creative with the batter, adding cinnamon and other spices to your liking and when it comes to topping, the possibilities are unlimited.
Fruity Microwave Mason Jar Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup all-purpose or spelt flour
- A heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax, 3 tablespoons water, left to sit until gooey)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Berry compote (or jam, or mashed berries microwaved for several seconds)
- Non-dairy yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Blueberries (or any other berry)
- Nuts and seeds
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you form a smooth paste. Oil a mug roughly the same diameter as your jar with coconut oil so that the pancake is easy to remove.
- Add the batter into the jar and microwave on high for about 1 minute. Cooking time varies according to microwave model, so keep an eye out for it. It should be dry and spring back when you touch it. Remember that the pancake will rise as you microwave it, so leave about 1/2 a mug of space for it to expand, or it will spill over.
- When it is cooled, remove it from the mug and slice it into four disks, these will be your pancakes.
- Place one disk into the bottom of the jar, add a little maple syrup to top it and then a dollop of yogurt. Place second disk in, add a little syrup then some compote. Repeat this with the next two disks. Top it all off with more yogurt, compote, nuts, and fruit.