Amazing Vegan Fresh Sushi Spring Rolls with a delicious Green Avocado Dipping Sauce. Light, Vibrant and Ready in just 30 minutes.
Fresh Sushi Spring Rolls [Vegan]
- 5/8 cups grams sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 rice papers
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 sheet nori algae
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- Prepare sushi rice: cook rice according to package instructions. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes with lid on.
- Prepare the rice dressing: mix 2 tbsp rice vinegar with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar. Heat on the stove for the ingredients to dissolve and mix into the cooked rice. Let cool down.
- Prepare the avocado dipping sauce: Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out the avocado flesh. Place into a food processor, add coconut yogurt, soy milk, finely chopped garlic, juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Prepare the spring rolls fillings: cut vegetables and mango into thin strips. Cut the nori algae sheet with scissors into strips, about 4 inches long.
- Assemble your sushi spring rolls: Dip rice paper sheet by sheet into a dish with warm water for about 15 seconds, until you feel the paper to become soft. Remove from the water and place on a clean kitchen towel. Start adding your fillings by placing a scoop of cooked rice and spreading it onto the bottom half of the rice paper. Make sure to leave about an inch of room to each side. Add vegetables - cabbage, carrot, avocado, cucumber and mango. Then add a strip or two of nori algae and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Roll your sushi spring roll: take the bottom (the one closest to you) and stretch it up over the filling. Do the same with the left and right side of the paper - pick up and stretch over the filling sideways. Be careful not to crumple the rice paper. Then, roll it away from you until your spring roll is formed and the rice paper sticks together, keeping the shape. With a sharp knife, cut the roll in half and set aside on a plate.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.