This flourless cake is the ultimate in rich, chocolate flavor. Feel free to use a lighter percentage of chocolate, but the dark chocolate really makes this dessert ultra-fudgey and intense. Either way, it's a chocolate lover's dream!
Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate (I used 90 percent)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 egg replacers (flax, chia, or commercial)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of your favorite sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 fresh banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 dash of your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch unrefined sea salt
- Buckwheat groats (omit for grain-free), pumpkin seeds, desiccated coconut
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat your oven on 390°F and grease a 7-inch tin.
- In a mixing bowl, gently melt your chocolate with your coconut oil, stir well.
- In another bowl, whisk your egg replacers and add sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cacao powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the coconut oil/chocolate one and mix until consistent and well combined.
- Pour the mixture in your tin and bake for about 20 minutes. Check regularly to make sure you don’t over cook it.
To Make the Frosting:
- Blend all ingredients and spread on top of your cake once it’s cold.