Figs are so nice, they're used twice in this yummy breakfast combo. Dried figs make the granola delightfully chewy and frozen green figs are whizzed up until fluffy in this "nice" cream.
Fig Hazelnut Rosemary Granola With Fig Breakfast ‘Nice’ Cream [Vegan]
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut strips
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary plus 2 more tablespoons to add after baking
- 5 dried figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3 frozen green figs, slightly thawed
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 coconut milk ice cubes (frozen the night before) or 1/4 cup light coconut milk*
- handful of hazelnuts
- 2 dried figs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients from the rolled oats to the rosemary and mix well until the oil and maple syrup coats all of the ingredients.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake for another 15 minutes, stirring the mixture with five minutes remaining. When cool, stir in the figs and granola.
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until ice cream texture is reached. Top with fresh figs and granola.
*If you don’t own a high speed blender and are worried about your blender not handling the coconut ice cubes, use coconut milk instead, which will give your more of a soft-serve style ice cream.