Looking to get in some naturally provided probiotics? You came to the right recipe! This recipe of fermented vegetable medley could use lots of different vegetables, but this combination is the one that will definitely work well.
Fermented Vegetable Medley [Vegan]
- 1 small head organic cauliflower
- A good handful of green beans
- Bunch heirloom or regular carrots
- 2 tablespoons sea salt or pink salt
- 4 cups warm filtered water
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- a few springs of fresh dill
- Combine warm water with salt and stir until salt is fully dissolved. Let cool.
- Break cauliflower by hand into desired size pieces. Chop carrots in whatever shape you wish, either strips or rounds. You can leave the beans whole or cut them in half.
- Add all vegetables, garlic and dill to the jar and add saltwater until vegetables are fully submerged. Twist on lid and keep away from any places with temperature fluctuation such as stoves or dishwashers.
- Let ferment for 14 or more days. You can "burp" your ferment daily if you want to release some pressure but it's not mandatory. That just means twisting the lid off and back on.