Pizza doesn't have to be defined by any standards. Get creative and try making the crust out of different ingredients, like this! An awesome blend of herbs and spices, this falafel pizza will take your appetizer game to the next level. Party at your house!
Falafel Pizza With Grilled Zucchini [Vegan]
For the Pizza Base:
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- Clove of garlic (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons cashew nuts
- Small pack fresh coriander (chopped roughly)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Onion and garlic tomato pasta sauce
- Grilled zucchini (cut into thin slices)
- Pre-heat your oven at 350°F.
- Combine onion, garlic, nuts and spices into a food processor and grind until as smooth as possible
- Then add the chickpeas, flour, coriander and lemon juice and continue to process until a thick paste forms.
- Put baking paper on a baking tray and squish the mixture into a pizza base shape.
- Cook for around 20-25 minutes until base turns golden
- Add desired toppings and ENJOY!
If you don’t have a blender don’t worry, just mash the chickpeas and chop the other ingredients as small as possible – then combine it all in a mixing bowl thoroughly.