We all miss the simple, processed comfort of mac and cheese straight out of the blue box. But now you can have your childhood comfort food with none of the nasty chemicals or dairy products. This mac and not cheese has an absolutely fantastic flavor, it's nice and creamy, and oh so satisfying.
Easy Mac and Not-Cheese [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Easy Mac and Not-Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
How To Make Easy Mac and Not-Cheese [Vegan]
- Cook the pasta according to the package's instructions. Drain the noodles and return them to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a medium pan, melt your butter. Once it is melted, whisk in your flour to form a roux.
- Then, add in remaining ingredients except for the agave and lemon juice. Heat the mixture to a boil and let it simmer few minutes to thicken. You want it to reach the consistency of a cheese sauce.
- After the sauce thickens, stir in the agave nectar and the lemon juice.
- Pour it over your macaroni and mix to coat.
- Cheesy Recipes
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2973 | Total Carbs: 408 g | Total Fat: 104 g | Total Protein: 81 g | Total Sodium: 5700 g | Total Sugar: 43 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile