Korma is a classic Indian dish with a creamy tomato base that is infused with a complex blend of spices. This particular version has tender cauliflower and wilted kale in it as an added bonus. Its packed full of nutritious vegetables and is a great option fo a quick dinner. Plus, this dish is fairly mild and so it's great for kids.
Easy Cauliflower and Kale Korma [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 3 handfuls of shredded kale
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- A small bunch of coriander
- 2-3 handfuls of cashew nuts
- Olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the finely chopped onion, ginger, and crushed garlic.
- Fry this gently until it's soft.
- Add the korma paste and fry it with the onion mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Depending on size, cut cauliflower florets into halves or quarters.
- Add them to the saucepan, coat all over with curry paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat, and cook it, covered, for 15-20 until the cauliflower is cooked.
- Add the coconut milk, kale, cashews, and chickpeas.
- Cook this until the kale has wilted.
- Serve it with freshly chopped coriander on top