No oven is needed for this Easy and Crunchy Thai Salad and it’s loaded with protein, fresh veggies and beautiful rainbow colours! The salad dressing that goes with the salad is creamy, zesty and has a little kick to it. If it’s hot where you are, this vegan salad needs to be on your “to-make list”!
Easy and Crunchy Thai Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy and Crunchy Thai Salad [Vegan]
For the Easy and Crunchy Thai Salad:
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 head kale (shredded)
- 1 head broccoli (shredded)
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups edamame beans
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
For the Almond Butter Sauce/Dressing
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (start with 1 teaspoon)
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
How to Prepare Easy and Crunchy Thai Salad [Vegan]
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the edamame beans and follow the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- While the edamame is cooking, wash and chop the vegetables. I used a mandolin to thinly slice the cabbage. Separately add the kale, broccoli, and carrots to a food processor, and pulse until a somewhat fine texture has formed. Chop the green onion by hand and put all the vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Place a small pan over medium-low heat and add 1/4 cup of raw cashews. Toast and frequently toss the cashews until they are slighly browned. Set aside to cool. Option to chop the cashews to a smaller size.
- Prepare the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor or small blender and blend until smooth. The dressing should be quite thin.
- Add the edamame beans and cashews to the salad bowl and toss it all in the dressing. Start with half the salad dressing and add more as needed. If storing the salad in the fridge for the next day be sure to reserve some dressing to add on right before you enjoy it.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.