Light and delicious, this chocolate mousse is the dreamiest of dessert. Quick and easy, you can make it a day ahead. Guilt-free, this recipe has no egg, no cream and only contains 1 tablespoon of sugar. It is made with aquafaba (otherwise known as chickpea brine). Whisked in a food processor, chickpea brine transforms itself into whisked egg whites. It is perfect for this vegan chocolate mousse. Try it, it is really amazing! This chocolate mousse is really scrumptious, especially served with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Dreamy Chocolate Mousse [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 14-ounces canned chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 7-ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Drain the chickpeas and transfer the brine in the bowl of a food processor.
- Break chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl in a pan over simmering water so that the chocolate melts. Stir often.
- With your food processor on high speed, whisk chickpea brine to stiff peaks (as you would do with egg whites). It should take 5-10 mins depending on your food processor or whisk. Add cream of tartar and sugar. Whisk for another 10 seconds.
- Once the chocolate is melted, cool it down so you can touch it.
- With a spatula, carefully fold half of the chocolate in the whisked chickpea brine. Once it is well mixed, carefully fold the second half. Transfer mousse to a serving bowl or serving dishes. Leave to set in the fridge from 4 hours to overnight.