Rice paper can be fun, affordable, and ultimately makes eating fruits and veggies more interesting!
Dragon Fruit Summer Rolls [Vegan]
To Make the Rolls:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 5 to 6 large strawberries, sliced into 1/8-inch thin pieces
- 10 rice papers
- 4 cups water
- 1 packet dragon fruit
- 3 sprigs mint
- 3 sprigs basil
To Make the Coconut Whip:
- 2 cans of coconut milk - refrigerated overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons dragon fruit
- To assemble the rolls: fill a large bowl with water, add the dragon fruit, whisk to combine. Filter out the dragon fruit with a strainer.
- Submerge one of the rice papers in the water and allow to soak until rice paper has softened and is pliable about 2 to 3 seconds.
- Carefully remove it with two hands and place it on a surface.
- Place fruit mixture onto each roll with fresh mint or basil.
- To roll, fold the edge nearest to you over the filling, then fold sides towards center and roll until closed.
- Place only the solid coconut in the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Gradually add the other ingredients minus the dragon fruit, whip until smooth, add the dragon fruit and whip again for about 3 minutes, place in fridge until ready to be served.
- To serve, leave the rolls whole or cut in half, and serve with pink dragonfruit whip!