With a moist, tender crumb and an ideal ratio of sweet banana and chocolate flavors, these muffins are a delicious option for breakfast as well as dessert!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (may be gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to Prepare Double Chocolate Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9 standard muffin cups with muffin liners and/or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until well combined (don't over-mix!).
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, and bake 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, then remove and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.