Healthy vegan rice crispy treats? Yes, you heard that right. These Dark Chocolate Quinoa Crispies are come together in about ten minutes. Then pop them in the freezer and take them out whenever you're in need of some chocolate. These healthy vegan rice crispy treats are made with puffed quinoa or brown rice, cacao powder, nut butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt! So easy and healthy!
Dark Chocolate Quinoa Crispies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 & 1/2 Cups Puffed/Popped Quinoa (Or Popped Brown Rice)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini (Or Any Nut Butter)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- Sea Salt
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil, raw cacao, tahini, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt together until it becomes a thicker chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the popped quinoa and mix well. Scoop a large tablespoon of the chocolate crispies into small baking cups.
- Pop them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to harden. Store in the freezer and enjoy!