Today's recipe is fairly basic, but it packs a powerful punch. It's super filling, the fresh flavors are intense and it is the perfect light lunch/dinner option as the summer months get closer. Tip: to give this recipe a little extra kick, add a bit of chili or scotch bonnet pepper to the sauce blend.
Cucumber Noodles With Avocado Pepper Sauce [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large cucumber (julienned)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chop one half, save the other half for the sauce)
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- cherry tomatoes (as many as you care for; halved)
- pinch of fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- To julienne the cucumber, simply run a julienne peeler lengthwise. Once you reach the soft, watery center of the cucumber, turn it around and julienne the other side(s). Do not discard the center, simple chop it up to use in the sauce.
- To make the sauce, place the chopped cucumber center, 1/2 a red bell pepper, 1/2 an avocado, lemon juice, thyme and salt in a food processor and blitz until you have a thick, creamy sauce (it doesn't have to be super smooth).
- Place the cucumber noodles in a large bowl, along with the chopped bell peppers and cherry tomatoes. Add the sauce and combine!