This chili is one of those set-it-and-forget it kind of dishes. Hearty and protein-rich, it's a great thing to come home to after a long day! Topped with avocado and scallions for a creamy and cool finish, this a great weeknight meal.
Crock Pot 3-Bean Pumpkin Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce pumpkin
- 1 15-ounce diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Fresh cilantro
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper, sauté until tender. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Transfer to a crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Top with fresh cilantro, avocado and scallions.