Everyone loves French fries, and these tasty baked garlic fries are delicious and addictive. But don’t feel guilty about enjoying them! Plus, potatoes are naturally low in FODMAPs as well as gluten-free.
Crispy Baked Garlic French Fries [Vegan]
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) medium russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried (3 or 4 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) garlic infused olive oil, divided
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C or gas mark 8). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and generously coat with cooking spray.
- Chop the potatoes into thin strips. Combine both oils in a small glass or bottle. Spread the chopped potatoes on the prepared baking sheets, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil mixture and sprinkle with salt. Space the potatoes apart in a single layer to allow them to cook faster. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets midway through cooking for even browning, then remove from the oven and flip all the fries using tongs or a spatula.
- Drizzle again with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until crisped to your preference, remove from the oven, sprinkle again with sea salt, and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil.
Spreading the potatoes out well on the baking sheet ensures they cook evenly and crisp faster.