Raw soups are a quick and easy way to get all the nutrients in. Heated to 110°F to preserve the vitamins, this soup is filled with sweet sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Soup [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of basil (loosely packed)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Some chopped basil and tomato for garnish (optional)
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes for 1-2 hours until they soften. Skip this process if you are using the oil-packed kind. Save the soaking water!
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, basil, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add all ingredients into the blender except for the soak water, basil, and tomato for garnish. Blend until smooth.
- Check the consistency and add the soak water and blend until it reached the desired consistency.
- If serving cold, plate and garnish with basil and tomatoes.
- If serving warm, continue to blend for about 2minutes until it reaches 110°F. Check the temperature with a thermometer in between. Plate and garnish with basil and/or tomatoes, and serve immediately.
- If stove top heating, pour the soup in a sauce pan and heat on the lowest flame, stirring consistently. Turn off the heat as soon as it reaches 100°F. Plate and garnish with basil, tomatoes, and serve immediately.
If you are pressed for time, used the oil packed sun dried tomatoes to skip the soaking process. If you have other dishes you are serving with this soup, heat the soup at the very end of meal preparation so you can serve it warm with all the other dishes.