Fresh green peas and homemade almond milk create a soup that's filling, yet light. Serve this soup with a side of warm toasted bread and enjoy its subtle flavors. Garnish with fresh herbs, sliced almonds, and coconut yogurt for extra creaminess.
Creamy Green Peas and Almond Soup [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove (or more, depending on taste)
- A small piece of ginger, to taste
- 3 1/2 cups fresh peas (use frozen otherwise)
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla powder
- Coconut yogurt, for serving
- Almond flakes, for garnish
- Fresh basil and mint leaves
- Start soaking raw almonds for at least 6 hours.
- Warm oil in a pot, add shallot, garlic clove, and ginger, all sliced. Cook at low flame for few minutes.
- Add peas and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime rinse and strain almonds and blend with 1 cup of fresh water. Use another 1/2 cup of water to remove the leftovers from the blender and add the whole liquid to the pot.
- Cook until all ingredients are tender.
- Let it cool for a while, then blend until smooth.
- Serve, top with few tablespoons of yogurt, sprinkle with almond, and garnish with sliced basil and mint leaves.