What’s amazing about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, timeless, packed with flavor, affordable, packed with veggies, contains no dairy or eggs, perf for your next bbq, has aesthetic appeal, and is just such a staple!!
Creamy Dill Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 4-5 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tightly packed chopped fresh dill
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon grainy or regular Dijon mustard
- Put the potatoes in a big pot with enough water to cover by 1-inch.
- Season with salt and bring the water to a boil.
- Cook just until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- You can remove the peeling or keep it on, it's up to you! However, cutting into smaller pieces enables them to cook faster.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the uncovered pot off the heat.
- Let them sit until almost room temperature. (Cooling them in the warm pot will get rid of any excess water in the potatoes, and that's good.
- Cut the white parts off the ends of the celery stalks. Cut the stalks in half lengthwise, then across into 1/4-inch slices. Stir the celery, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Once potatoes are cooled, add to the bowl with the remaining ingredients. You can make the salad up to a couple of hours in advance. Keep covered at room temperature. Don't refrigerate or the potatoes will lose their rich, smooth texture.