Citrus foods are great in the winter time, and perfect for these cookies. These cookies are not only delicious, but they are gluten free and oil free as well!
Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together and add to the dry.
- Mix well to incorporate all.
- Form into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll the balls in your hands and place on the cookie sheet, then press down lightly and shape into discs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until just barely golden.
- Cool and serve!
Try to find cranberries that are fruit juice sweetened.