A tropical dessert full of rich coconut flavor lightened up with a sweet and sour passion fruit topping, this coconut panna cotta is like summer in a ramekin.
Coconut Panna Cotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 and ¾ cups full fat coconut milk (light will work too, but the flavor and consistency is not nearly as good)
- a tiny bit less than ½ teaspoon agar powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or another sweetener of choice
- 1 passion fruit for garnish (or another tropical fruit)
- Combine coconut milk, agar powder and the sweetener in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for about 3 minutes, then turn the heat off and let cool slightly (the mixture will not look thickened at this point but don’t worry!)
- Pour into 4 small ramekins and chill for a few hours. (If you want to take the panacotta out of the ramekins for serving, don’t forget to grease them thoroughly before pouring the mixture in.)
- The panna cotta will thicken up in the fridge into a creamier-than-jelly-like consistency.
- Serve topped with passion fruit or another tropical fruit.