Chocolate and lime aren't a flavor combo you come across often, but this ice cream pie is proof that it should happen more often. A sweet, creamy coconut and lime ice cream pie nestled in a rich, chocolatey almond crust. The flavors balance each other and the result is a cool, creamy, and refreshing summer treat.
Coconut Lime Ice Cream Pie With Chocolate Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Lime Ice Cream Pie With Chocolate Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ice Cream Filling:
- 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- Zest from 2 limes (reserve a pinch for garnish)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almonds or almond slices
- 12 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons coconut flour
How to Prepare Coconut Lime Ice Cream Pie With Chocolate Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- To make this ice cream pie, you will need a 7-inch springform pan and an ice cream maker.
- Combine all the ice cream filling ingredients except the salt and rum in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and either transfer to a heat-safe blender or blend in the pan with an immersion blender for about 30 seconds. Stir in the salt and rum if using. Transfer to a storage container and set aside to cool.
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until they're a well-combined, sticky rubble. Lightly grease a 7-inch springform pan and press the crust into the bottom. Refrigerate until needed.
- Refrigerate the ice cream mix when it's lukewarm. Let chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream according to your machine's directions. Spread over the crust and freeze until set, 2-3 hours. Store in the freezer.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.