Need an easy (but very delicious) dessert? These little truffles contain just four ingredients and are completely gluten and dairy free. In this recipe, coconut flour and almond butter are blended together, coated in vegan chocolate, and then frozen solid. The result is a dense, decadent truffle that is not only scrumptious but wholesome!
Coconut Flour Almond Butter Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir the almond butter and coconut flour in a medium bowl (if your almond butter is unsalted you may add a pinch of salt to the mixture). Freeze until firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop small mounds (about 2 teaspoons each) onto your prepared baking sheet. Use slightly damp hands to form the mixture into balls. Freeze until solid.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top half of a double boiler set over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove one truffle from the freezer and place on a fork. Hold the fork over the bowl of chocolate and use a spoon to pour it over the truffle. Gently tap the handle of the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess drips off.
- Use another fork to slide the truffle back onto your baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt. Keep truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.