These vegan chickpea blondies will be your new go-to treat! They are moist and tender in the center with just a bit of a crackly crust on top. They are perfectly sweet, healthier than your average blondie recipe, and oh-so addictive! While these do contain a good amount of sugar, they are also packed with protein, fiber, folate, and iron, so you can feel good about your new afternoon treat! Oh, and guess what? They are gluten-free and oil-free too! You have to try making these vegan chickpea blondies!
Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon sugar mixture, optional for garnish (equal parts of cinnamon and sugar mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spritz an 8x8-inch baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except walnuts, in the bowl of a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the walnuts, if using, and stir gently, then smooth the batter out.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is firm.
- The blondies will continue to firm up while cooling.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar garnish, if using.