You’ll love this chocolaty recipe if you’re into vegan gluten-free pancakes made with sourdough. Besides being low-glycemic, dairy-free and egg-free, they are also light and fluffy and so easy to make.
Chocolatey Sourdough Pancakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolatey Sourdough Pancakes [Vegan]
- 4 heaped tablespoons buckwheat sourdough
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons fat-reduced coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons carob flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 heaped tablespoons processed or grated raw cauliflower (optional)
How to Prepare Chocolatey Sourdough Pancakes [Vegan]
- Once the sourdough is ready, add four heaped tablespoons to a medium bowl with ground chia seeds, oat bran and Himalayan salt. Mix until you have a thick paste.
- Then, start adding water gradually. Finally, mix in all the remaining dry ingredients (coconut flour, carob, cocoa and cinnamon). Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to expand.
- Grated or processed cauliflower is the last to join the crowd. Don’t worry, the batter is supposed to be quite thick. However, when you start frying and you find it too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Next, add a few drops of coconut oil or avocado oil onto a good quality non-stick pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes. Heat the pan up over medium heat.
- Now, if you make small pancakes, add one heaped tablespoon of batter into each cavity of your pancake pan. Should you make bigger pancakes, put a ladleful of batter onto the pan and even it out with a spoon/ladle or by shaking and/or tilting the pan to get the exact shape of your pan bottom. The frying time greatly depends on your stove.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.