These chocolate heart lava cakes are the perfect way to say "thank you" to friends or "I love you" to someone special. They have a delicious, chocolatey outside that is filled with a molten chocolate center. These decadent treats will impress anybody you serve them to.
Chocolate Heart Lava Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
For the Rest:
- 3/4 cup of strawberry purée (take 1 cup of trimmed strawberries and blend with a splash of water)
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of melted vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush a thin layer of coconut oil into each cupcake mold.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Place all of the wet ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend them until they're fully combined.
- Pour this wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until it's completely mixed.
- Pour the batter into 6 cupcake molds, filling them 3/4 of the way full. Then place 6 chocolate chips in the middle of each filled mold, press them in, and pour more batter on to fill the mold completely.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before gently removing them from the molds.