Is there a better combination than chocolate on chocolate? This amazing mousse pie has an easy cookie crust and a light, fluffy chocolate mousse filling. Then, it's all topped with a smooth dark chocolate ganache. Even though this pie is light, it still tastes decadent, so it's a real treat for any chocolate lover.
Chocolate Ganache Mousse Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 8 digestive biscuits or cookies
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
For the Mousse:
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons soy or coconut whipping cream
- 1.7 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Ganache:
- 1.7 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup soy or coconut cream
To Make the Crust:
- In a food processor, blend the biscuits into a fine powder.
- Melt butter and mix in with the biscuit powder.
- Press into a pie pan.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for about an hour.
To Make the Mousse:
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place a heat-safe bowl over a pot with a bit of water over medium heat.
- Add chocolate, maple syrup, vegan butter, sea salt, and vanilla to the bowl and stir with a spatula until completely melted and smooth. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. The key is to keep the whip soft and not too firm, otherwise, the mousse will be too hard.
- When the chocolate mixture had cooled to room temperature, add a quarter of the whip to it with a spatula and mix.
- Now, add the remaining whip a quarter at a time and gently fold with the spatula.
- Spread over the chilled pie crust almost all the way to the top.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 2 hours or overnight.
To Make the Ganache:
- Break up the chocolate into very small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat up the cream until it just about reaches a boil.
- Immediately pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the pie, smooth out and place back in the refrigerator for just about 30 minutes for everything to set. Serve cold.