What could be better than a hazelnut-almond shortbread crust layered with decadent chocolate filling and topped with airy whipped coconut cream? We can't think of anything! This pie is silky, sweet, crunchy, and deliciously addicting! Don't eat it all in one sitting though, when left in the refrigerator, this pie only gets better with time!
Chocolate Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao paste or powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, steamed or roasted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk, thoroughly chilled
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the almonds and hazelnuts into a fine meal consistency. In a large bowl, mix with sugar and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Press this mix into a pie plate making sure to pack the mix nice and high on the sides and press firmly to set in place. Set aside in the refrigerator or freezer while you make the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, add cashews, sweet potato, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and add about 2 tablespoons of the liquid from your coconut milk. Pour onto the crust and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the coconut whipped cream, add the separated coconut cream to a stand mixer or whisk by hand until light and fluffy. Pour over chocolate layer and chill before serving.