Impress your guests with this extremely delicious, but very easy to prepare chocolate dessert.
Chocolate Cream Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Cream Pie [Vegan]
Preparing the Crust:
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/4 cup date sugar or maple sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
Preparing the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips (or more if you want the pie sweeter)
- 2 packages organic firm silken tofu (260 g packages)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- pinch of sea salt
How to Prepare Chocolate Cream Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- To prepare the crust, combine the pecans and sugar in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until the mixture resembles a fine meal. Add the coconut oil, salt and optional chipotle powder and pulse to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8- or 9-inch pie pan. Press and shape the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan to make a pie shell..
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Alternatively, the chocolate can be melted using a double boiler.
- Place the chocolate chips in a baking tray or shallow pan, Transfer to the preheated oven and heat for 3 to 4 minutes or just until melted. Watch carefully as the chocolate can burn quickly. Remove from the oven.
- While the chocolate is melting, combine the tofu, vanilla and salt in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add the melted chocolate and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the reserved pie shell, smooth the top with an offset spatula and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until firm. When firm, slice and serve..
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.