Rich, creamy chocolate meets tart cranberry in this extra decadent dessert! Cranberries have the perfect amount of tartness, which goes so well with the richness of the chocolate. No cranberries? Try using swapping the cranberries for tart cherries!
Chocolate Cranberry Tart [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Chocolate Crust:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Dash of salt
For the Chocolate Ganache Layer:
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
For the Cranberry Layer:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Chocolate Crust (skip if using premade pie crust):
- Grease a 9-inch pie tin and preheat the oven to 350 F. Whisk together salt, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Add in vegan butter and ice-cold water. Use a food processor or your hands to combine until a dough forms.
- Press dough into the pie tin, trying to get a fairly thin layer of dough covering the entire bottom and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
For the Ganache:
- Heat coconut cream in the microwave or stovetop until very hot. Add chocolate chips to a large heat-proof bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and use a spatula to combine until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the ganache into the pie crust. Spread into an even layer, then place in freezer/fridge for around 10-20 minutes until mostly firm.
For the Cranberries:
- Add cranberries, water, and sugar to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Let cook for around 7-10 minutes until cranberries are softened and a sauce forms.
- Spread the cranberry mixture over top of the ganache and let cool for a minimum of 2 hours. The longer it cools, the better!
- Top with vegan whipped cream and enjoy!