These homemade chocolates are made with creamy cacao butter, that combine cacao powder and protein for a tasty, healthy dessert! These are the equivalent of dark chocolate but loaded with tasty, crunchy cacao bits and with an extra element of tastiness courtesy of the nut butter. That’s not all though, they are a source of protein thanks to the added vanilla protein, coconut flour, and nut butter.
Chocolate Coconut Protein Cups [Vegan]
- 2 ounces cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoon coconut flour
- Combine the cacao butter, coconut oil, and sunflower butter in a double boiler and stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cacao powder, protein powder, and shredded coconut in a small bowl.
- Once the cacao butter mixture has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the cacao powder mixture, followed by the coconut flour to thicken it some.
- Spoon into moulds (mini muffin tins or silicone ones, if you prefer), and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once hardened, remove and place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.