This is a light chocolate cake, lightened by the addition of orange zest and coconut flour. It is a brilliant red color when sliced and always delights dinner guests!
Chocolate Beet Cake With Raspberry Frosting [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 ½ cups of brazil nuts
- ½ cup of coconut nectar
- 1 ½ cups of coconut flour
- 1 cup of soft or soaked dates
- 2 beets grated
- 1 orange- zest only
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of soaked and strained cashews (try to soak your cashew for 2-4 hours)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut nectar
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Process brazil nuts until they form a fine powder (do not over process or they will form a nut butter!)
- Add all of the other ingredients and process until smooth and the mixture comes together easily. You may need to do this in batches if your food processor is small. If you find the mix too dry, add some almond milk or orange juice to moisten slightly.
- Press the mixture into a spring form cake tin and refrigerate while you make the icing.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the icing over the cake and decorate with coconut and pistachios.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the frosting to set.