This meal is a special one. It's super fast, easy to make, and so delicious for such a high percentage of whole wheat flour.
‘Chicken’ and Whole Wheat Biscuits [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/4 cup cold vegan butter
- Vegan breaded chicken and gravy
- Pre-heat to 425°F. Mix the milk and vinegar and allow them to sit for a few minutes. The milk will start to curdle a bit. This is good.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients, saving the butter for last. Be careful not to over-mix. Stop when everything is just combined.
- Then add in the butter, chunked up, and mix together with your hands. When the butter is fairly well-dispersed, plop the whole mixture out on a floured board and cut out your biscuits (3-4 inches).
- Lay them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. Rack to cool.