Traditionally, moroccan couscous involves raisins but using dry cherries instead as it adds a tangy flavor that balances out the apricots quite well. This couscous salad has a bunch of complementary flavors and will leave you feeling full and happy!
Cauliflower Couscous with Almonds and Apricots [Vegan]
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup low sodium broth of your choice
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries (alternatively use golden raisins)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add spices, salt, pepper, apricots, cherries and broth and cook for another 5 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Top with slivered almonds and mix well.