Traditionally, moroccan couscous involves raisins but using dry cherries instead as it adds a tangy flavor that balances out the apricots quite well. This couscous salad has a bunch of complementary flavors and will leave you feeling full and happy!
Cauliflower Couscous with Almonds and Apricots [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Couscous with Almonds and Apricots [Vegan]
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup low sodium broth of your choice
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries (alternatively use golden raisins)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
How to Prepare Cauliflower Couscous with Almonds and Apricots [Vegan]
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add spices, salt, pepper, apricots, cherries and broth and cook for another 5 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Top with slivered almonds and mix well.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.