Cheers to longer days, springtime rain and big bowls of spicy carrot harissa soup in our bellies.
Carrot Harissa Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Harissa Soup [Vegan]
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 bulb fennel, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups carrots, trimmed & sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons harissa powder (depending on your spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
How to Prepare Carrot Harissa Soup [Vegan]
- Preheat the 400ºF. Wrap the tomatoes and garlic cloves in parchment and roast until tender. While roasting the tomatoes, heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add the onion and fennel, cook until lightly golden. Stir in the harissa, cumin and salt. Next add the sliced carrots and stir to coat with oil and spices.
- Cover the mixture with water and allow to simmer until the carrots are tender. Remove from heat and transfer the carrot mixture, roasted tomato/garlic mixture, and lemon juice to a high-speed blender, puree until creamy. You may have to do this 2-3 times until you’ve fully blended the soup. Season with extra lemon, harissa or salt, if desired. Transfer back to the pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.