Full of shredded carrots, warming spices and chewy raisins, these gluten-free and vegan Carrot Cake Scones are perfect!
Carrot Cake Scones [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Cake Scones [Vegan]
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
How to Prepare Carrot Cake Scones [Vegan]
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Using a fork, cut in coconut oil until mixture resembles sand. You can also use your hands here to help distribute the oil. Stir in almond milk until dough forms. Add raisins and shredded carrots to the batter and mix until just incorporated.
- Dump batter out onto prepared baking sheet and form into an 8 inch disk. Dough should not be wet or sticky, if it is flour your hands well to prevent dough from sticking. Once disk is formed, place baking tray in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Slices scones into 8 triangles, only spreading apart slightly. Bake for 20 minutes, separate scones completely and bake 5 more minutes.
- While scones are cooling, whisk together the frosting ingredients. Taste and adjust sweetener, as needed. Drizzle frosting over scones when ready to serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.